Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Unprecendented D.C. Subway Tragedy







B~wood woke up perplexed and still in awe over the train collision that occurred in Northeast Washington, D.C. on June 22, 2009.

As I tuned-in and listen to the morning news, the death toll seemed to rise from the previous day climbing to a totally of 9 people.

Being a D.C. resident for many years, the RED Line was my imaginary Lexus (GS luxury sedan) that rode me to my favorite spots like Silver Spring, White Flint, Galley Place-Chinatown, and the infamous DuPont Circle. Never would have fathom that D.C. metro could get into an accident. I guess I was naïve.

As I tried to sleep last night, the voice of the computerized Metro Train kept saying. . . Doors Closing . . . Next Stop Fort Totten Station . . . Doors will be opening on the left.

Never did those 9 people realize that those doors closing would symbolize closure on their life.

As you look at the photos, you think it perhaps is a Hollywood Movie production until reality sets in as you see the fireman assisting a passenger walking away limping from the wreckage.

My mother always says I take life for granted. But, I want to tell her, I wish I was granted the opportunity to know how to enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment