Monday, June 29, 2009

Tasteless Evening


























Debra Lee ~ Ms. Harvard Law School graduate, President and Chief Operating Officer of BET.

WHAT IN THE HELL?

Did you really approve this year’s 2009 BET AWARDS?

Puhleeze tell me you didn’t. It was a tad bit disheveled and somewhat embarrassing at times.

Let’s just fast forward past the pre-show and get to the Nitty-Gritty!

Hmmm, Jamie Foxx. . . . .never, I repeat never, host another BET Award Show ever! Forever, ever! He was just all over the place, missing his queue, just doing too much. I’m so pissed with him, I have to use his govern’ment name! Eric Marlon Bishop, damn! Your commercials were funnier than your damn live comedic jokes. And, why your MJ outfits looked a cheap mess. I was expecting so much more!

Where is Mo’Nique?

Can we say Next!

Soulja Boy Tell’ Em. No negro you tell me, what in the hell were you doing? And, why did you jump out of a bed. Ummm, can we hire at least one background dancer? And, literally are we strippin’? Boy, you 90 Ibs, maybe soakin’ wet, pull up your damn pants. Wait, I think he did have a ba donka donk. I just had a visual. I digress . . . I almost got sidetracked.

Can we say Next!

Ciara ~ how many times I have to tell you? G’rl you’re a performer/dancer. Know body want to hear you sing no ballets. Out of all the damn days to showcase your talent, when you could have done a great tribute to MJ with a dance medley, you sit your ass on a stool next to Mr. Piano Man! Heifer, you barely got thru that song. And even Mr. Piano Man was lookin’ like, G’rl if you don’t get thru this damn song, because you’re killin’ me!

Seriously Next!

New Edition, Guy, BBD, Keith Sweat, Tevin Campbell ~ okay, please let me whoop Aaron Hall ass. This brotha danced so hard, and could barely hold a note, because he couldn’t breathe. I literally thought they were going to start playin’ Destiny’s Child – Lose My Breath as he walked off the stage. Simmer down shorty, you tried way too hard! OMG he sounded a hott mess! WHY Aaron, WHY!

New Edition/ BBD ~ Go-On Ralph Tresvant, Ronnie DeVoe, Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, and Bobby Brown I will get to you later! They still got it! They just were cutting a rug. But, damn-it why somebody didn’t put Bobby on Slim-Fast? He know he can’t be eating a Whopper, beef patty, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, sliced onion, cheese, on a sesame seed bun right before his performance! But, he was still keepin’ up!

Keith Sweat ~ now, we all know Keith can’t sing, but, is it me or does he still get dem drawls’. Damn, Keith you still make us break a Sweat!

Tevin Campbell ~ babe, Stop the MUTHA FREAKIN Press. Where did they find Tev-E-Tev? I thought my poor babe was a crack head. No seriously, it’s not a game. But, OMG tell LaShonda Jenkins, she worked magic on you Cover Girl look, or maybe that was Queen Latifah Black is Beautiful Queen Collection. He looked so good! Not to mention Tevin can still sang. You GO BOY!

Mary Mary ~ I so love ya’ll, but, really though Tina Campbell is a ham sandwhich away. No like really she’s pass Thicka than Snicka. But, we gonna say that’s baby weight G’rl, that’s all baby weight. Ummm, hmmm!

Beyoncé ~ (Don’t forget accent over the e). Why in the hell you do that damn sang? I was about to AVA Maria yo ass right off the stage. B now you know I love ya, and perhaps you didn’t have time to rehearse. But, you literally took that performance right from your concert and just said, look, I’m here take it or leave it. It just didn’t fit in with the program at all! And, fix your weave. It was lookin’ like a stringy, tangled mess! I told you to try Kinky Curly – KNOT TODAY G’rl!

Tyrese, Taraji P. Henson and Ving Rhames ~ Boy we all had a flashback of Baby Boy and that Thug Love. I mean really let’s be real Tyrese, got us all moist with his Thug Look. Then damn, Ving Rhames, just literally killed it. I was so there, until it turned into a ghetto mess!

Tameka “Tiny” Cottle ~ aka T.I. wife aka ex- Xscape group member. Really, Tiny, no really. If that’s ATL’s Finest, STOP THE MUTHA FREAKIN PRESS!

Keisha Cole and Monica ~ OMG I must was on a Merry-Go-Round, because I’m still dizzy from them spinning. And question is that a Monica song or Keisha Cole. Clearly, Monica took the stage like it was her comeback single! And, was Keisha pink bustier and tribute to Wonderful Women or wait Keri Hilson did that!

Keri Hilson ~ WHY IN THE HELL YOU SANGIN’ A CAPPELLA. Puhleeze G’rl, you sing only over yo track. That is the only time you allowed to sang. Ya hear whatta say!

Now the Man of the evening was clearly Néyo. OMG, he sounded outstanding. He seemed like the only performer who took the show seriously. I really don’t think many people can sing a MJ song and sound decent, but, he blew me away.

Maxwell, okay, boo. . .Are you our male Sade. You come back out of hiatus, and sound awesome and looked so good. It’s your time!

Trey Songz, Johnny Gill, Tyrese ~ Trey. . . Mercy Me, Trey. . . enuff said! Johnny Gill, I seriously thought it was all about you, and then Tyrese can out of know where. I almost forgot Tyrese can sing, but, then he stole the show! They did pretty good!

Now, I'm super pissed with Chris Brown. This really should have been his time to shine, and why Usher wasn’t there? Everything Usher does is extrapolated from MJ. And, why Diana Ross didn’t give a tribute? It just seemed thrown together at the last minute. If your not going to do it right, then don’t do it at all. They could of had a complete MJ Tribute not tied in to the BET Awards.

Lastly, Janet Jackson surprised us all. I was hurting for her. And, Joe Jackson didn’t know whether to be happy or sad!

Side Bar ~ was it me or did Don Cornelius literally speak like one word every twelve minutes. OMG, why someone didn’t help him with his mic. But, he looked good. And, am I sleeping on rapper Drake.

And we just can’t say enough about Alicia Keys and Wyclef Jean. Their heart is so sincere! Good job A & W!

No comments:

Post a Comment