Friday, June 26, 2009

I Want You Back!






June 25, 2009 was the day we lost a singer, songwriter, record producer, arranger, dancer, choreographer, actor, author, businessman, financier, and philanthropist.

All these things equate one person ~ “The King of Pop ~ Michael Joseph Jackson”.

Do to the fact that I am so devastated, clearly I had to take bereavement leave. My heart truly is overwhelmed with sadness.

Growing up, my grandmother Ms. Cruz would often say that good and bad things happen in threes. Usually I would say Uhh, huh and chalk it up as silly superstition. However, with the recent passing of Ed McMahon on June 23, 2009, Farrah Fawcett on June 25, 2009 and now Michael Jackson maybe my grandmother was right.

Throughout the years we have talked about Michael Jackson and his eccentric ways. Yet, somehow we feel like we have lost a family member. He has made an impact on multiple generations and in my opinion is our male Princess Diana. He truly is our Ambassador known around the world. We were all sadden, and mourned as we watched the funeral of Princess Diana; however, the world hasn’t seen nothing yet. Michael Jackson funeral will literally stop all normal schedule programming and freeze frame our life, if only for a moment.

Despite his physical transformations throughout the years, and multitude of child sexual abuse accusations I secretly was routing for MJ to pull thru, and rise to the occasion. I kept praying that perhaps he was just misunderstood.

I think we all get confused with MJ the artist, yet, always yearning to know MJ the person. Humph, I guess we will never know!

I LOVE YOU MJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment