Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happiness Doesn't Come Easy!





Mrs. Houston-Brown . . . WAIT . . . Oops, I stand corrected.

It’s now Ms. Whitney Elizabeth Houston, which is alright by me.

I never imagined the day that Ms. Houston would truly be candid. But, to be honest I think her candidness was done in an obscure Diva-ish kind of way.

I listened to Ms. Houston rasp intuitively as she alluded to her addiction, obstacles, marital woes and trying to live up to the Whitney the world wanted her to be. But, somehow her responses bewilder me.

Was I the only one feeling like a T.G.I. Fridays’ Boneless chicken wing?

I needed to feel like a tender baby back pork rib fired, grilled and glazed to a T!

I took in her every move, her posture, motion, shrug, wave, inhale, exhale . . . even her pause . . . as if they were all calculated moves.

Yet, in the end I became frustrated and overwhelmed with anger that she could be so careless with her heavenly gift, indeed.

Before my infatuation with Beyoncé, Mariah, Christina Aguilera, J-Hud, Faith Evans, Brandy, Monica, Keisha, Celine, Lauryn, Janet, MJB or even Toni B, there was only one woman who perhaps could rise to a stratosphere of Aretha you see.

She was noted as one of the Greatest Singers of All Time, and all you had to say was one name . . . Whitney . . . and you instantly recognized.

She became known as “The Voice”, The DIVA, an ICON, but, oh how a term by the name of “addiction” literally changed her state of mind!

I like Oprah and so many fans was secretly routing for Whitney. Hoping and praying her life wouldn’t abruptly come to an end. I needed her to have a Breakthrough and for the Lord to shed light on her and reveal her inner strength deep within.

It appears she’s on the right track, well at least to me, but, it so apparent that the pressures of Fame & Fortune can siphon the joy right out of THEE!

I question the lives of celebrities like Kanye West, Lindsay Lohan, Mariah Carey, MJB, Wendy Williams, Michael Jackson, Courtney Love, Amy Winehouse, Dave Chappelle among countless others and have come to the conclusion, that ultimately they all are striving for Happiness and Normalcy.

All I really want
Is to be happy
And to find a love that’s mine
It would be so sweet. . .

Sidebar ~ Ms. Houston sounded pretty darn good on Part 2 interview with Oprah. She sang in a lower register, but, her performance was a far cry from that Good Morning America catastrophe.

No comments:

Post a Comment