Friday, August 28, 2009

LeToya Hires Alicia Keys Management


Hiphop Prophet says:

Singer/actress LeToya has reportedly switched her management to MBK management with Jeff Robinson, who is the long time manager of R&B superstar Alicia Keys.

The singer actually inked the deal a few weeks before her sophomore album "Lady Love" dropped, but the news has only been made official now after LeToya suddenly appeared on MBK's official website with a glowing biography and ads for her album.

The news comes after LeToya expressed her disappointment with the lack of promotion she's received from label Capitol during a live Ustream chat on August 24th, the eve of her album release.

"When ain't nobody else lookin' out for you, you've got to look out for yourself and promote yourself," she said. "I don't feel that my album was promoted the way it shoulda been promoted, but I'm not mad at it. God gave me a chance to do a second album, it'll be on shelves regardless, and the music will speak for itself.

"Hopefully it'll be a situation where it's word of mouth" she continued. "No I didn't get the publicity that other people have gotten, but I got enough because ya'll are on Ustream saying what's up and commenting on the record, and that's what I live for, that's why I sing, for real fans that always have my back when things are looking a little shady or crazy, so thank ya'll for that".

It was also rumoured that LeToya was unhappy with her first single "Not Anymore", which was released upon insistence her original manager Terry Ross.

Her sophomore album "Lady Love" is expected to debut at about #5 on the Billboard charts, with an estimated 25-30k

No comments:

Post a Comment