Tuesday, August 25, 2009

He Resurrected My Smile!






Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ATCHOO!

BLOW, WIPE and SANITIZE.

B’ . . . Say it ain’t so! You can’t be getting sick.

I so need my nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, aching, couching, stuffy head, fever, so you can rest medicine.

You have so much work to do, and it’s such a beautiful day.

NO SIR – Sickness is not an option! SWINE FLU, don’t be comin’ up in here!

Hmm, maybe I’m just stressing out. No time like the present to take a lil’ break-e-break! Perhaps, I will head over to the CNN Center for some lunch-e!

Just as I entered the building I passed the Waldenbooks. I said OMG theirs my friend MONTY from B-more!

Hmmm, wait! What he doing here in the A?

And the Negro didn’t even call me to say Ch'elo!

See, this some Bull-ish. But, that's okay, I got u . . . I got u!
Somehow a instant attitude came over me!

HOLD UP! Why, that Negro sitting behind a table? When he start selling stuff?

OMFG!

That’s not MONTY that’s one of my favorite authors.

LIKE DUH. . . I so had blond moment!

Can we say ERIC JEROME DICKEY is in the building!

He so made my day. I so was not in the know. Who knew his new book entitled “Resurrecting Midnight” came out today.

He's the author that wrote Genevieve, Drive Me Crazy, Dying for Revenge, Sleeping with Strangers, Milk In My Coffee, Liar's Game, Friends and Lovers (my favorite), Cheaters (my favorite), Between Lovers (another favorite), Sister, Sister, The Other Women (so-so favorite), Naughty or Nice (that’s so me), Thieves’ Paradise.

I said, LAAAAAAAAWWAWWWD I have to scrap-up $20.37. Damn, JEEDA I only have $1.85 to my name. WAIT, did I hear my inner voice scream American Express - Don't leave home without it, to my rescue.

He signed my book:

For B – Hope you enjoy! Peace! Eric Jerome Dickey 08/25/09.

Your one of God’s most beautiful treasures to the world. (Wait, oops, maybe I wanted him to say that part).

Then he asked for us to take a picture.

UMMM, pump the brakes shorty. This is not a photo opt with B’wood. Plus, I thought to myself you’re like 5'2 so you literally will be at my belt buckle. Hmm, that might look like a compromising position.

I politely replied no I'm so sorr-e!! Once again, my shyness prevailed.

So damn, I couldn't turn around and then ask him for a photo, so I had to get a photo of him on the sneak tip. What was a kidd to do? I had to get a B!Xclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment