Thursday, January 21, 2010

WYCLEF CRIES ON OPRAH ABOUT HIS VISIT TO HAITI…

Wyclef made an appearance on Oprah today to talk about the devastation in Haiti. In the clip , he cries as he recalls hearing the Haitians still singing at night despite what they were going through. Meanwhile, Oprah wanted him to describe the smell of the dead bodies.Wyclef also described Haiti as “a 7th hell” and said that walking into the city is like walking into a morque. He told Oprah that the Haitian people wanted the media to “Stop with the photo ops” and he believes the people are being treated like animals.


I never knew Maxwell was Haitian and seeing that this is currently my favorite song, it tears me up just watching this clip. I feel so helpless watching my people die off like animals and watching a country fall apart in devastation and watching families cry at the sight of their homes and places they grew up become no more……

No comments:

Post a Comment