Thursday, October 29, 2009

"you must regret the day that you left me"


Grammy award winning singer LeToya Luckett has joined forces with Ludacris to shoot the video for her hit single "Regret". The song which is currently in the Top 5 on the R&B chart was directed by Parris. Ludacris plays LeToya's new love interest while the male model who was the boyfriend in the "She Ain't Got.." video is back, but this time as the ex with regrets.


In other LeToya news this email below claiming to be written by a Music World Entertainment employee has been making it's rounds on the internet.

"I am just pissed off with this shady business and I've been closer to God lately so I feel I have to throw this out there. I'm going to give you a little more of my experience. So...Mathew is in a perpetual fight. I don't understand what he's trying to prove but I guess that's what keeps his life exciting. You think he would have moved on by now but on the contrary, he's totally obsessed with this LeToya Luckett girl. Wasting time making sure radio stations don't play her songs, and particularly right now making sure "Regret" doesn't get any bigger than it already is.

I absolutely don't understand why he thinks her success would overshadow Beyonce's/ Beyonce is aware of what's going on but she's not saying anything to stop her dad. I told her to say something but she said to me " I trust my dad". Anyway, look at the Urban radio charts, LeToya is #5. That's a pretty good number but you can notice that the most important radio stations aren't playing it. Thanks to who? You guessed it right. Rumors you've probably heard before are true. Mathew is paying these stations' music directors to boycoott her. these expenses are covered up as a trip to go see Beyonce's tour for review. What's nice is that these stations' music directors can pick two to three dates anywhere in the world and travel for free. Mathew of course pays for travel expenses as well as $850 "courtesy checks" for.... meals.

The funny part is some of them just get the free vacation and don't bother showing up at Beyonce's concert. ____ was not hard to convince thanks to their ties with JAy-Z. It was a little harder to convince ___ and ____ (asking for bigger courtesy checks) but in the end they accepted the offer. Thumbs up go to KMEL who almost spit at my face and refused to collaborate.

I'm putting this to light because I'm tired of this payola bullshit. You might find all of this outrageous but these are common practices in the music industry... and this is only the tip of the iceberg."
So what do ya'll think? Is there some truth with all of these sabotage rumors?


No comments:

Post a Comment