Monday, October 26, 2009

It Feels Good To Be Loved!





October 26, 2009

Yeah, yeah, it’s morning time!

Dang, B!

Get-it together!

Dem’ Monday Blu’s is somethin’ else.

However, my Monday Blu’s didn’t steal my joy yesterday . . . No Ma’am. . . No Indeedy said Tweedy!

Guess what? It was Tiggah and I’s Anniversary.

Ummm, Hmmm, yep sure was.

I met Mr. New Yorker himself on Oct 25, 2007 at 10:00 p.m. and, he’s still standing? Whoa, I think I need a round of applause for that one. You know I had to take the New Yorker down a few notches!

You know how they do, get all grimy and stuff . . . Ummm, boo, you ain’t the eleventh member of Wu-Tang Clan just because you from Staten Island.

Dang, NEW-Yorkers, they cute in all but, sometimes you got-uh’ say Fall Back Kidd - -Fall Back! Always, tryin’ to represent they borough. I tell yeah, believe you me, it was a lot of work.

I’m just sayin’. . . I’m back ya’ll . . . I’m back. . . I almost had a flashback to 2007’!

The Sunday morning rays played peek-a-boo, as the sun peeped thru the shutters and kissed my face. I jumped out of bed, just full of gaiety. (Oops, no pun intended.)

I said Tiggah, Tiggah . . . OOOOH, Tiggah wake-up.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Clearly, my high-spirited and energized self was too much for them on a Sunday morning. However, before long those squinted Dominican - Guyanese eyes opened up.

Lawd, they yawned, stretched, cracked their toes, and politely responded Happy Anniversary BOOKIE.

Just like a big ol’ kidd, I said alrighty where’s my card? I mean let’s face it. If you can’t afford a gift, a card is a small token, yet, speaks volumes in my book. B’wood is so big on the little things, not to mention where in a recession ya’ll.

You go first B! Well, if you insist.

I presented him with my card and watched as his eyes read from left to right, line by line as his KOOL-Aid smile revealed his pearly whites. Then out of know where, I came from behind and presented a lil’ signature teal-blue box, wrapped in a nice, fluffy, white bow courtesy of Tiffany & Co.

He paused, and before long a shiny Atlas pendant adorned his neck. I said alright B' to tha Wood. You did alright!

Now, lil’ does he know, ummm, a kidd will be filing bankruptcy tomorrow, but, let’s not kill his joy, because the pure excitement made it all worth it. As, I read my card, a gift was before me from one of my favorite designers. Mr. KC himself . . . Kenneth Cole.

I received a watch that was synonymous of my favorite color. . . Black!

Sophisticated, Mysterious, Timeless, Sexy and Powerful . . . Masculinity at its best!

After, our exchange we decided to have Sunday Brunch and receive Southern Hospitality at the Legendary Paschal’s Restaurant located at 180-B Northside Drive, Atlanta, GA 30313, (404) 525-2023.

We rented movies and of course I had to get my clear people comedy “The Proposal” (Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds) and he rented “Drag Me to Hell”!

I said WHAT!

Ummm, try again. Yeah, let’s just say I watched it with one eye opened. Neither that title nor Scary movies sit well with me. I’m glad the sun was still out.

I reflected on my day and fam’ I must say I take things for granted sometimes. I think I’m constantly searching, and lookin’ for that special thing to compliment me in every way.

However, perhaps, I’m already complete and just need to stand in my own existence. I hope my search will fade away one day.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TIGGAH ~

And, to think this one night stand, swept you off your feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment