Saturday, February 27, 2010

Despair . . . Should Never Be An Option!



Ms. Olive “Marie” Osmond . . . My heart is consumed with sadness after hearing the news.

Ms. Osmond is the sibling of the infamous Osmond family. She is an actress, singer, doll designer and for you youngins’ she was recently seen on Dancing with the Stars Season 5.

Well unfortunately it saddens me to say that on February 26, 2010, “Osmond’s son Michael Blosil committed suicide, by jumping to his death. Michael leapt from his apartment in Los Angeles, California. He had reportedly battled severe depression for most of his life. Michael Blosil was only 18 years old.”

According to the Associated Press:

“Osmond said in a statement through her publicist that her family is devastated by the "tragic loss." She did not provide details on the death.

Entertainment Tonight reported on its Web site that Blosil jumped to his death Friday night from a downtown Los Angeles apartment building.
Officers responded to an apparent suicide jump in the area, but the victim was not identified Saturday, Los Angeles Police Officer Gregory Baek said.

"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time," Osmond said in the statement.

Blosil reportedly left a note which referred to a lifelong battle with depression.
In 2007, Osmond said Michael was treated at a rehabilitation facility, but she didn't disclose the nature of his problem.

Donny Osmond, Blosil's uncle, told Entertainment Tonight: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Michael is one of Osmond's five adopted children. She also has three other children from two marriages. She divorced Brian Blosil in 2007 after two decades of marriage. She and her first husband Stephen Craig divorced in 1985.”

Sidebar ~ Ms. Osmond I send my condolence to you and your family.

Being a young man who has been battling with depression for over 15 years and has dealt with suicide attempts, I perhaps can relate to your son’s pain.

I hate to say I know exactly what he was going thru, because I never have stood in his shoes. And as we all know, everyone handles pain, sorrow, triumphs, and life hurdles differently. However, I can say that I can relate to his feeling of despair, being obsolete and being fed up with the hand you’ve been dealt with.

I pray that you can be strong for your other children, family members and more importantly be strong for yourself.

Michael Blosil, I hope you've found the peace you’ve been looking for, and even though these words perhaps are too late. IF I COULD HAVE MET YOU, I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT YOU NEVER WERE ALONE!

RIP…

~ B’wood

No comments:

Post a Comment