Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Power of Words . . .



"Unfriend" ~ has been named the word of the year by the New Oxford American Dictionary!

Unfriend - "was defined as a verb that means to remove someone as a "freind" on a social networking site such as Facebook."

Now, ya'll know we been using that word, fo' years . . . We been unfriending negroes left and right, now New Oxford American wants to catch on . . . Chile BOO!

I got to Erykah Badu on that ass and say y'all a day late and a dollar short . . .

Ummm, Hmm . . . with three dollars & six dimes

Yeah, you may laugh
'Cuz you did not do yo math!

(Side Bar: Why my ass had to buss out the calculator when Erykah dropped that knowledge. I remember saying to myself g'rl algebra ain't my strong suite).

I digress...

But these are my new favorite words:

"intexticated" - people are distracted by texting while driving.

(I swear I drive with my thighs and knees all the damn time.)

"sexting" - sending of sexually explicit SMSes and pictures by cellphone

And my personal favorite:

"tramp stamp" - referring to a tattoo on the lower back , usually on a woman . . .

Hmmmmmmmmmm, usually on a woman, really, are they sure about that?

Side Bar - I didn't make up that word - I'm just stating the facts, no pun intended!

No comments:

Post a Comment