Sunday, January 18, 2009

Solange - The Secret Member of DC

Alot of readers from the site, have emailed me asking why Solange is included in the posts. Well, if you didn't know..Solange is on the gravy train when it comes to DC and their success. Often in the background, but always earning! The first hint came with an interview from Farrah Franklin after she left. Here is how it went down:

We were paying her sister, Solange Knowles, to come with us. We were paying
for her flights, we were paying for her hotel rooms.

Interviewer: How old is her sister?

Farrah: She's 14. We were paying for her flights, her airline tickets, and
we were giving her per diem.

Interviewer: Who? The group?

Farrah: Yes. This was coming out of my check and she wasn't doing anything.
She was supposed to be a dancer, but she never danced for us until I left the
group. So when I asked why we were paying her, my manager was like,"Why do you
care about where $300 is going when you're getting paid this?" And I'm like I
don't care if I'm getting paid 1 million, if I want to know where five of my
dollars are going there shouldn't be a problem with me asking



Solange has also worked heavily on previous DC albums where she has collaborated and even been in DC videos. From the age of 14 she has been buzzing and earning from the group. I wouldn't be surprised that when they have the reunion soon, Solange will be apart of it.
And that is why Solange is included... Hope it clears that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment