Friday, July 29, 2011

Nicole Richie and her Fancy Bags

Lionel Richie’s daughter has come a long way since the days of eating disorder rumours and crappy TV show The Simple Life with frenemy Paris Hilton.

Nicole in Winter Kate
Nicole in Winter Kate
Now an established designer with clothing label Winter Kate, she has recently added clutches, hobos and cross body bags to her House of Harlow 1960 range. The whole collection is very boho, very 70s inspired and very Nicole Richie.

She says of the collection: “Handbags have always been a part of the equation since we first launched the House of Harlow 1960 brand, we just needed to make sure all of the components were aligned before setting foot into that category. The collection is quite small in terms of the styles we are launching with. I wanted to make sure that each piece is special and then be able to grow it slowly and organically season after season.”




This new range uses materials like vintage leather and young calf hair and has details like fringes, toggles, triangle studs, velvet and crystallized jaguar head hardware.

Forever a friend of the people, she added: “When I design, I always try to design pieces that are universal, meaning anyone can wear and carry it. At this stage of my design process, I really try to gather direct feedback from my customers, whether through in-store personal appearances, my Web site, Twitter or Facebook. It really helps me when they provide me with their desires, feedback and comments on what they are looking for, so I can try my best to cater to their needs, yet stay true to the brand’s identity.”

The prices aren’t too ridiculous and start around £100 for a clutch and go up to over £500 for a hobo style bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment