Friday, January 28, 2011

Problem Skin? Meet Your New Best Friends

We are not exaggerating when we say this – these products from Aveda can transform your skin! One of our staffers will explain. 

Unfortunately, I'm one of those poeple who’ve never had good skin. As a teenager I had the usual spots and as a result, some rather unattractive scarring. I had tried all sorts of over the counter and even prescribed treatments. Nothing worked. Well, my concealer from Mac did! 

Fast forward a few years and I stumble across the Fresh Lifestyle Salon & Spa in Blackheath, London that uses Aveda products. I’ve never really been a facial type of gal as I honestly couldn’t see any difference afterwards so thought of it as an indulgent treat rather than a monthly necessity.

I looked through their treatments and saw the Outer Peace™ Blemish Relief Facial (£60 for 60mins) - A deep cleansing customised facial for blemished skin that treats both the symptoms and causes to ensure that skin stays clear.


It sounded good so I went for it. My therapist, the lovely Michaela, put in work! I had masques, massages, extractions, steam treatments – the works. It was so good I fell asleep. And snored! (Only once but oh the shame!)

Afterwards my skin felt tingly clean and smoother than it has ever been. She recommended various products via a personalised facial prescription but if I bought them all it would have cost over £200 (eye creams, firming lotions etc) and we’re in a recession! She said if I wanted to see results I should get Enbrightenment™ Correcting Serum and apply it daily. I did and after 6 weeks the scarring was much less prominent. At £38.50 for a 30 ml tube, it isn’t cheap but boy is it worth it! 

Correcting Serum

Spurred on, I looked at my facial prescription and bought two more products, Outer PeaceTM Blemish Relief Pads (50 pads for £20.50) to exfoliate and unplug pores and Outer PeaceTM Foaming Cleanser (125 ml for £16.50) for a deep clean. I use them religiously and go for facials every 3 months to have the kind of clean I can’t do at home.My skin has never looked better, even my Mother said so, and that has never happened!

Blemish Relief Pads
Foaming Cleanser




My skin tone is much more even, my pores smaller, my skin brighter, I could go on! Of course the scarring isn’t completely gone but it is much less noticeable and lets just say, I’ve not bought a new concealer in over 6 months!




No comments:

Post a Comment